Saturday, March 26, 2011

kitchen therapy

Who would have ever thought that those two words would go together in my world?? NOT ME!! But I've been finding great joy and inspiration in my kitchen...and as said, therapy. I have this creative itch that I can never quite scratch. I blame my childhood OCD playing with Barbies, legos, play dough or anything really. Let me explain - everything had to be set up JUST right before I could enjoy playing with them. So now, if whichever craft I want to try is not organized and set up perfectly, I don't want to do it. And that takes time! I remember many times spending what seemed like hours setting up all my barbie stuff...and by the time is was perfect I was so sick of them I didn't want to play anymore. And so it goes with my scrapbooks, paintings, jewelry, etc etc etc.
So what makes the kitchen different?? Well, the kitchen does have to be perfectly clean before I'll start cooking and/or baking. I was like that as a kid too when baking cookies. But I usually keep the kitchen fairly clean so it's not big deal. Ok - so now that I've gotten this far I don't know how the kitchen has been therapy to me?!
So ANYWAYS - all I know is that I have tried more new things in one week than I have in a year in the kitchen. And everything has turned out!! It's such a sense of accomplishment and so much fun (for now anyways). On the list - homemade whole wheat bread, waikiki meatballs, hummus, pita chips, some pork dish, and dustin made a treat from Guyana and vietnamese coffee....it's been a lot of fun :)
Claire has loved watching mommy and daddy in the kitchen too. Tonight she enjoyed family sing/dance party in the kitchen too :) Love my family!! We are blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment