Thursday, March 3, 2011

so, how's your day going?

not even 11am yet and I'm ready for bed! Bright and early, while nursing the babe, Moose came in from the great outdoors and jumped on my lap...full of red dirt, sticks, and leaves. So I tried to stay patient with fussy miss claire while also trying to keep the dog from spreading his mess further before shoving him into the tub. Dog clean, baby asleep - time to vacuum up quick so I can fold the laundry and then I can relax with coffee and breakfast. But wait, why is the kitchen floor all wet? The freezer door wasn't closed all the way and all freezer contents are now thawed out and some things are seeping from their containers making a nice sticky mess! Really??
OK, clean dog, clean floors, clean freezer, clothes on floor ready to fold, and.... screaming baby.
So I get the babe and start to nurse when blow out of all blow outs happens AGAIN leaving both me and baby a mess - gross! So I strip down to my undies and get baby stripped down and she's in her tub but the soap isn't coming out of the bottle because it's brand new and I haven't taken the protective seal off. What better way to take a protective seal off a bottle of baby shampoo than with your teeth?? Let's just say that the words I said were ok because I already had soap in my mouth :(
Now I'm sitting here with my cold coffee watching kathy lee and hoda telling us what not to say to a stay at home mom...

1 comment:

  1. we seriously had the exact same type of day. i went to bed at 9:30pm that night I think?

    ReplyDelete